Amtrak’s revised schedule to accommodate the work includes:
- Northeast Regional Trains 110 from Washington, D.C. to New York Penn Station and 127 from NYP to WAS are canceled
- Northbound Keystone Train 640 is terminating at Newark Penn Station
- Southbound Keystone Train 643 is originating at Newark Penn Station
- Southbound Train 173 is stopping at Newark Airport
- Southbound Trains 129, 193 and 653 all have earlier departure times
- Train 170 is also departing WAS early and stopping at North Philadelphia and Cornwells Heights, resuming its schedule from Trenton
This year’s work is occurring in the area of Track 15, which requires a section of concrete demolition and replacement, and Track 18, which requires localized concrete demolition with complex steel hardware replacement and rail renewal.
Another key component is the renewal and replacement of three turnouts in “C” Interlocking, which directs Amtrak and Long Island Rail Road trains to routes heading east and to Sunnyside Yard.