The train depot in Newark, Ohio, as it appears on Oct. 19, 2003.

NEWARK, Ohio – The first railroads came to Newark in the 1850s.

The Baltimore and Ohio and the Pennsylvania were the major railroads serving the town in the mid 19th century. The B&O depot was built in 1878 and razed in 1989. The Pennsylvania depot still stands in downtown Newark.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply