The Middle Tennessee city of Clarksville once had a fairly robust network of streetcars. The system ran from 1885 to 1928. Mules originally pulled cars, and the system was electrified about about a decade of operations.
Crews laid rails in November and December 1885. The first cars arrived in town on December 14, 1885, and began operations the next day.
Over the years, several iterations of streetcar companies operated in the city, including the Clarksville Street Railway, the Electric Street Railway of Clarksville and the Citizens Street Railway.