ATLANTA — Railfanning.org is a railfan’s website dedicated to the railroad industry.
Started in 2002 by Todd DeFeo, the website has grown since that time, adding information about various trackside locations and railroad history features. In January 2003, DeFeo began publishing The Cross-Tie, an e-zine that publishes railroad-related features and news.
The library features various railroad-related speeches and industry reports, all of which are available free of charge.
In the News
- December 18, 2020: New Book from Railfanning.org Editor to be Released in January
- September 4, 2020: Smyrna resident publishes two new railroad histories (Marietta Daily Journal)
- May 26, 2020: Railfanning.org Launches New Western & Atlantic Railroad Section (CityBizList)
- May 5, 2020: New website features Memphis, Clarksville & Louisville Railroad (Patch.com)
- May 4, 2020: Railfanning.org launches new Western & Atlantic section (Patch.com)
- October 24, 2019: Remembering historic railroads: The Memphis, Clarksville and Louisville (Communities Digital News)
- October 23, 2019: The Memphis, Clarksville & Louisville is worth remembering (Patch.com)
- October 22, 2019: Smyrna author publishes history of the Memphis, Clarksville & Louisville Railroad (Marietta Daily Journal)
- October 20, 2019: New Book Chronicles the History of the Memphis, Clarksville & Louisville Railroad (Clarksville Online)
- July 26, 2019: County declares Budds Creek Disaster Day of Remembrance (Patch.com)
- July 26, 2019: New book highlights history of Western & Atlantic Railroad (Marietta Daily Journal)
- April 14, 2018: Railfanning.org highlights railroad history in Montvale, N.J. (Patch.com)
- April 3, 2018: Railfanning.org Adds Montvale, N.J., to Trackside Guide
- May 12, 2017: Railfanning.org Celebrates 15 Years During 2017
- Aug. 4, 2015: Railfanning.org continues to highlight role of railroads in Athens (Patch.com)
- July 29, 2015: Railfanning.org continues to highlight role of railroads in Marietta (Patch.com)
- Oct. 1, 2008: They’re all loco for that motion (Los Angeles Times)
- Oct. 9, 2005: Folkston Junction (Florida Times-Union)
- Dec. 30, 2003: Web site features trains in Marietta, Ga.
- Oct. 17, 2003: Trains and travel: The perfect combo (The Leaf-Chronicle)
- Sept. 10, 2003: New web site features trains in Metuchen, N.J.
- May 5, 2003: Railfanning.org Launches Site Dedicated to Clarksville, Tenn.
- Jan. 15, 2003: New Web Site features trains in Norcross, Ga.
- Jan. 15, 2003: New Web Site features trains in Cartersville, Ga.
Media outlets interested in speaking with Railfanning.org Editor Todd DeFeo should e-mail editor [at] defeo.biz. Please include information about the general nature of the article and your deadline.