Amtrak will provide modified Northeast Regional service between Boston and New Haven, Conn., and between Newark, N.J., and points south, on Thursday, Nov. 1.
Amtrak will also operate Shuttle service trains between Springfield, Mass., and New Haven, Keystone Service trains between Harrisburg, Penn., and Philadelphia, and Downeaster service trains between Boston and Portland, Maine, along with additional overnight services to and from the Northeast.
Amtrak is continuing to remove water from tunnels in order to make repairs to track, signal and power systems under the Hudson and East rivers and to restore service to and from Penn Station in New York City. Amtrak is planning to operate modified service to and from New York City on Friday, November 2, with schedules to be announced on Thursday, Nov. 1.
In the meantime, there will be no Northeast Regional service between Newark and New Haven and no Acela Express service for the length of the Northeast Corridor on Thursday, Nov. 1.
Other service plans, full and partial service, for Thursday, Nov. 1:
- Crescent (Trains 19 & 20) will operate only between Washington D.C. and New Orleans
- Capitol Limited (Train 30), will operate normally Chicago-Washington, D.C.
- Pennsylvanian (Trains 42 & 43), will operate only between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia
- Cardinal (Train 50) will operate only between Chicago and Indianapolis
- Auto Train (Trains 52 & 53), will operate normally Lorton, Va.-Sanford, Fla.
- Maple Leaf (Trains 63 & 64) will operate only between Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and Albany-Rensselaer
- Carolinian (Trains 79 & 80) will operate only between Philadelphia and Charlotte
- Silver Star (Trains 91 & 92) will only operate between Miami and Jacksonville, Fla.
- Silver Meteor (Trains 97 & 98) will operate between Washington D.C. and Miami
- Lake Shore Limited (Trains 448 & 449) will operate normally between Chicago and Boston, with no (Trains 48 & 49) service to points south of Albany-Rensselaer
Canceled on Thursday, Nov. 1, is the Empire Service between New York City and Buffalo/Niagara Falls, the Adirondack (Trains 68 & 69) to and from Montreal, Québec, Canada, and the Ethan Allen Express (Trains 290 & 291) to and from Rutland, Vt., due to track damage south of Albany-Rensselaer, N.Y.
The following services are also canceled for Thursday, November 1:
- Capitol Limited (Train 29), Washington-Chicago
- Vermonter (Trains 55 & 56), St. Albans, Vt.-Washington, D.C.
- Palmetto (Trains 89 & 90), New York-Savannah, including connecting Amtrak Thruway Bus Service
Customers are encouraged to monitor Amtrak.com/alerts and those Northeast Corridor passengers on Acela Express, Northeast Regional or Keystone Service trains can follow @AmtrakNEC on Twitter to be notified when updates are posted on Amtrak.com. Amtrak will also be providing updates on its Facebook.com/Amtrak and Twitter.com/Amtrak pages.