Railfanning Review for December 7, 2020
In this edition:
- Several U.S. Senators have introduced a measure to identify and address cases of blocked railroad crossings.
- The FRA has awarded New Jersey Transit and Rutgers University a $357,000 grant to reduce fatalities at grade crossings.
- Dunedin Railways is back, as the Dunedin City Council agreed to under-write a limited season of rail services.
- There have been at least 183 “graffiti incidents” so far in 2020 in New York City, the New York Post reported.
- Did you know? Looking back at the original Penn Station.
- Intro: “Waiting on My Train to Come,” recorded live at the Southeastern Railway Museum on Aug. 2, 2020. Written by Todd DeFeo, (c) 2006, 2020 by Todd DeFeo (ASCAP).
- Outro: “New York Train,” recorded live at the Southeastern Railway Museum on Aug. 2, 2020. Written by Todd DeFeo, (c) 2020 by Todd DeFeo (ASCAP).
- Diesel Horn: Recorded at the Southeastern Railway Museum on Nov. 14, 2020.
- Steam Train: 1880s Train, recorded Sept. 12, 2020, in Hill City, South Dakota
- Grade Crossing: Recorded Dec. 5, 2020, in Marietta, Georgia.
Podcast produced by Joe Nevark.