The first railroad to reach Orlando, Florida, was the South Florida Railroad, which arrived in the 1890s.
The Plant System bought the South Florida Railroad in 1893, and the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad took over the company in 1902.
The South Florida Railroad built Church Street Station, also known as the Old Orlando Railroad Depot, in 1889 or 1890. The Tavares, Orlando & Atlantic Railroad and the Orlando & Winter Park Railway also used the station.
In 1926, passenger operations moved to a new station that A.M. Griffin and W. T. Hadlow built for the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad. Amtrak uses the station as its Orlando stop.
SunRail commuter trains use both the Amtrak and Church Street stations.